- From Rust Belt to Blue Belt: Water, Climate Change and the Reordering of the Urban US
- Innovations or Hucksterism? Three Little-Known Infrastructure Privatization Problems
- Under Fire for Negligence, North Carolina Prisons Chief Seeks New Funding for Mental Health Treatment
- Should Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and CIA Officials Be Tried for Torture? War Crimes Case Filed in Germany
- Let Us Speak! Let Us Speak! Let Us Speak! Voices From Ferguson to Sharpton
- Assata Shakur: What Does New US-Cuba Pact Mean for Exiled Black Panther Wanted in New Jersey?
- From Free Pre-K to Paid Sick Leave to Pay Raises, NYC Mayor de Blasio Fulfills Progressive Promises
- As Hollywood Funds a SOPA Revival Through State Officials, Google (and the Internet) Respond
- Citizens Take Monitoring Into Own Hands as Eagle Ford Shale Boom Continues Undaunted
- Cromnibus Pension Provisions Gut 40 Years of Policy, Allow Existing Pensions to Be Slashed
SPARK CHANGE FILM FESTIVAL
CALLING ALL NON-PROFITS
We’re excited to announce the SPARK CHANGE Film Festival open call for non-profits.
You have probably heard of Instant Films or the 48 Hour Film Projects or other similar events… In the same vein, we are asking filmmakers to come together over a weekend, but instead of having a writer develop a script, we are pairing filmmakers & composers with Los Angeles non-profits to create fun, engaging videos that inspire and raise awareness for amazing causes.
Here’s How it Works
During Friday lunch, non-profits are randomly paired with a professional filmmaking team and work together to determine the video.
Nonprofits will have already determined the project, program or campaign they want to focus on and have organized a volunteer event, activity, or interview opportunity for Saturday morning.
Over the weekend the filmmakers script, shoot, edit, and score a video about your organization, and on Sunday night at 7pm everyone returns to screen the finished short films.
The next event is June 13-15 2014. Interested non-profits should email email@example.com.
IF SELECTED, NON-PROFITS WILL NEED TO:
Speak to our team (by phone) at least two weeks prior to the festival to review contest rules; discuss your chosen project, program or campaign; and ask/answer questions
Join us for lunch (on us) Friday June 13 from 12-2 pm at WeWork in Hollywood, where you will be paired with your filmmaking team.
Collaborate with the filmmakers so that they can deliver a video on Sunday, June 15 by 5pm.
Attend the screening Sunday night, June 15 from 7-9pm.