- Doomsday Trigger for Megadrought?
- Economic Update: Civil Disobedience and Occupying Restaurants
- Is the Conflict in South Sudan the Opening Salvo in the Battle for a Continent?
- Poor Parents Need Work-Life Balance Too
- "They Thought They'd Be Safe. They Were Wrong": 20 Gazans Killed in Israeli Bombing of UN Shelter
- Violating International Law in Gaza
- Obama Joins EU in Sanctioning Russia as Ukraine's Civilian Death Toll Mounts
- Anti-Drone Activist's One-Year Sentence Will Not Deter Movement
- Federal Toxic Pollution Website Down for Months, Leaving Eco-Groups in the Dark
- Engines of Destruction
SPARK CHANGE FILM FESTIVAL
CALLING ALL NON-PROFITS
We’re excited to announce the SPARK CHANGE Film Festival open call for non-profits.
You have probably heard of Instant Films or the 48 Hour Film Projects or other similar events… In the same vein, we are asking filmmakers to come together over a weekend, but instead of having a writer develop a script, we are pairing filmmakers & composers with Los Angeles non-profits to create fun, engaging videos that inspire and raise awareness for amazing causes.
Here’s How it Works
During Friday lunch, non-profits are randomly paired with a professional filmmaking team and work together to determine the video.
Nonprofits will have already determined the project, program or campaign they want to focus on and have organized a volunteer event, activity, or interview opportunity for Saturday morning.
Over the weekend the filmmakers script, shoot, edit, and score a video about your organization, and on Sunday night at 7pm everyone returns to screen the finished short films.
The next event is June 13-15 2014. Interested non-profits should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF SELECTED, NON-PROFITS WILL NEED TO:
Speak to our team (by phone) at least two weeks prior to the festival to review contest rules; discuss your chosen project, program or campaign; and ask/answer questions
Join us for lunch (on us) Friday June 13 from 12-2 pm at WeWork in Hollywood, where you will be paired with your filmmaking team.
Collaborate with the filmmakers so that they can deliver a video on Sunday, June 15 by 5pm.
Attend the screening Sunday night, June 15 from 7-9pm.