- Even the Council on Foreign Relations Is Saying It: Time to Rain Money on Main Street
- When Four Jobs Aren't Enough: Why We Need a Living Wage
- Western Culture
- Bank of America Settlement and the Need for Legal Aid Lawyers
- Let's Give Workers Something to Cheer About
- If Unions Are Breaking Automakers, Why Are BMW and Mercedes So Rich?
- Arts Therapy Improves Recovery and Cuts Medical Expenditures
- The Humanity of Michael Brown
- Heralding a National Trend? Enrollment Surges as New York City Begins Full-Day Prekindergarten for 50,000 Kids
SPARK CHANGE FILM FESTIVAL
CALLING ALL FILMMAKERS (and COMPOSERS)
We’re excited to announce the Public Interest Pictures Non-Profit Film Festival Weekend
You have probably heard of Instant Films or the 48 Hour Film Projects or other similar events… In the same vein, we are asking filmmakers to come together over a weekend, but instead of having a writer develop a script, we are pairing filmmakers and composers with Los Angeles non-profits to create fun, engaging videos that inspire and raise awareness for some amazing causes.
So, share your creative juice, have a great time giving back by donating your much-needed skills to a worthy cause, and have a great time working on projects that have meaning. Oh, and we are giving away cash and other prizes to the winning film of the night – both to the non-profit and the filmmaking team!
YOU WILL NEED TO:
Meet with our team two weeks prior to the festival to review contest rules and ask/answer questions
Join us for lunch (on us) Friday June 13 from 12-2 pm at WeWork in Hollywood, where you will be paired with a non-profit.
Make the video over the weekend and turn it in by 5pm on Sunday June 15.
Attend the screening on Sunday, June 15 from 7-9pm
The next festival dates are June 13-15, 2014. If you are interested in participating, please email email@example.com
$50 per filmmaking team that participates (we prefer filmmaking teams, but individual filmmakers will be considered), which includes 5 tickets for your filmmaking crew and friends.