- Doomsday Trigger for Megadrought?
- Economic Update: Civil Disobedience and Occupying Restaurants
- Is the Conflict in South Sudan the Opening Salvo in the Battle for a Continent?
- Poor Parents Need Work-Life Balance Too
- "They Thought They'd Be Safe. They Were Wrong": 20 Gazans Killed in Israeli Bombing of UN Shelter
- Violating International Law in Gaza
- Obama Joins EU in Sanctioning Russia as Ukraine's Civilian Death Toll Mounts
- Anti-Drone Activist's One-Year Sentence Will Not Deter Movement
- Federal Toxic Pollution Website Down for Months, Leaving Eco-Groups in the Dark
- Engines of Destruction
At the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, the art of hospitality, celebrity sighting, and charitable causes converged at the Patron Express party held for the Creative Coalition. The Creative Coalition attends both conventions to look after interests affecting the creative community and social causes that the group believes belong front and center, such as education and environmental issues.
Featuring a ragtime band in star spangled vests, right next to where the DNC banners and bunting are fabricated, guests were treated to a Patron bar and welcome to tour the Patron Express, a beautifully restored train car that Patron owner John Paul Dejoria has made over into a plush vessel that would make Agatha Cristie drool.
Tour of the Patron Express
Here is a personal tour of the Patron Express.
Interview with John Paul DeJoria
Patron founder and Creative Coalition board member John Paul Dejoria took the time to talk about his Patron Express, his philanthropy, and why he attends both political conventions.
Creative Colaition President Tim Daly
Creative Coalition President TIm Daly explained the goals of the Coalition and how arts education actually brings a return on investment in society of 7-to-1. Scroll through the video for appearances by Beau Bridges, Tony Shaloub, and Wayne Knight.
John Paul DeJoria & Patricia Arquette
John Paul DeJoria and Patricia Arquette discussed growing up as the American poor, a topic under-served by the conventions.